Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Emotions Run Amok, Eee PC, and Two Linux Books

Haven't posted in a while; I've been in an emotional rollercoaster of sorts. I've gone and fell in love with someone. I've been dying to tell her, but I'm just too afraid. My eating habits are screwed (basically, I have to make myself eat lunch, because I don't have much of an appetite). I already had problems sleeping, but now I'm getting even less sleep, and often dream about her and wake up in the middle of the night feeling awful because I'm not with her. In short--being a teenager just plain sucks.
On the sane side, I'm thinking about buying an eee PC now that the new version with a decent-sized screen has been announced. There are some other ultraportable laptops competing that look very nice, but not only do most of them cost more, most are more flimsy and don't have a solid-state hard drive.
Recently, I purchased two books: Knoppix Hacks by Kyle Rankin and A Practical Guide to Linux Commands, Editors, and Shell Programming by Mark G. Sobell. (The Knoppix one comes with Knoppix on a DVD by the way.) Knoppix Hacks has tons and tons of things that you can do with Knoppix, like rescuing systems, cloning partitions/hard drives, and other junk I can't possibly list. The other book (yes, that's right, I'm too lazy to type it's name again) basically is an incredible guide to the command-line, and since I make heavy use of the command-line, it is helping me quite a lot, and having a non-electronic reference is very handy. I would definitely recommend these two books to anyone who likes linux.

No comments: